Because of our calling to care for the well-being of our neighbors, and in keeping with current government guidelines, our building is closed and all activities are cancelled.
Because we know that God is faithful to continue the work of peace, healing, and salvation in our world, we will continue to be a Christ-centered community of faith, open to all people, even when we cannot physically gather together. Right now, we need God and each other more than ever.
Our community continues in online form. Here’s what you can expect from us each week.
- Bible Study at 9:45am will continue via Zoom. This is a discussion-based gathering with no expertise required. All are welcome. Click here to join the meeting.
- Worship will be posted on YouTube and our Facebook/Twitter accounts at 11:00am on Sundays, and available anytime after. Our online worship experiences will last around 30 minutes and will follow the general structure of our normal services. As you worship with us from your home, we encourage you to create some sacred space each week and light a candle as you worship online.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your joys and concerns. These will only be shared with our ministry staff so that we can pray with you and for you.
- Pause for Prayer on Tuesdays and Thursdays with a short video on YouTube and our Facebook/Twitter accounts – a break from your day for guided prayer or spiritual practice around midday.
- Our daily People’s Messiah meditations will continue via email through Easter.
- A Children’s Message will be posted every Wednesday on YouTube and our Facebook/Twitter accounts. This is a good way to open conversations about faith with your children, and adults just might find them meaningful as well.
- We will periodically be hosting youth events via Zoom to connect with each other, have some fun without leaving home, and engage in conversations about our faith. The first will be on Sunday 5 April. Pastor Jared will send out details, or contact us if you would like your youth to participate.
CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITY
- The Soup Kitchen continues to provide 100+ meals a day for takeaway only, thanks to a skeletal staff who have prepared food Monday through Saturday.
- Our staff is checking in with every household via text, phone, or email to support one another. At this time, we do not know of anyone in our community yet diagnosed with COVID-19. Let us know if you need any help during this time, and we will do our best.
- The Cold Weather Shelter has ended, and the remaining guests sheltered in hotels. Thanks to Jonathan Miller, our Community Minister, who kept the shelter open as long as needed.
- We will keep you informed as opportunities to serve arise.
- Please continue to contact Jennifer, Jared, and Jonthan via their individual email and phone numbers for the fastest response.
- For prayer email email@example.com.
- For all other needs email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HELPFUL LINKS
- YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFKnU3J0Li5HXcDIm1OYOAg
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/AmChurchLondon
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmChurchLondon
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amchurchlondon