Because of our calling to care for the well-being of our neighbors, all in-person church gatherings remain suspended for the time being. The Church Council will revisit the decision at the end of July. For more on this decision, read this letter from Pastor Jennifer.
We have resumed room hires, and the International Food Market has reopened with a few traders.
While we may not be gathering in person, our ministries remain active and thriving.
Below is a summary of ongoing activities, and an update is distributed via our weekly email. You can subscribe to receive these messages here.
- Bible Study at 9:45am will continue via Zoom. This is a discussion-based gathering with no expertise required. All are welcome. Check the weekly email for the latest link.
- Worship will be posted on YouTube and our Facebook/Twitter accounts at 11:00am on Sundays, and available anytime after. Our online worship experiences will last around 30 minutes and will follow the general structure of our normal services. As you worship with us from your home, we encourage you to create some sacred space each week and light a candle as you worship online.
- Virtual Fellowship Hour is a chance to chat with friends after watching online worship on Sunday. The Zoom link is shared in the weekly email, and the chat is open from 11:45-12:15.
- Contact us at email@example.com to share your joys and concerns. These will only be shared with our ministry staff so that we can pray with you and for you.
- Pause for Prayer on Tuesdays and Thursdays with a short video on YouTube and our Facebook/Twitter accounts – a break from your day for guided prayer or spiritual practice around midday.
- A Children’s Message will be posted every Wednesday on YouTube and our Facebook/Twitter accounts. This is a good way to open conversations about faith with your children, and adults just might find them meaningful as well.
- We are hosting youth events every other week via Zoom to connect with each other, have some fun without leaving home, and engage in conversations about our faith. Pastor Jared will send out details, or contact us if you would like your youth to participate.
CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITY
- The Soup Kitchen continues to provide 100+ meals a day for takeaway only, thanks to a skeletal staff who have prepared food Monday through Saturday.
- Our staff is checking in with every household via text, phone, or email to support one another. Let us know if you need any help during this time, and we will do our best.
- We will keep you informed as opportunities to serve arise.
- Please continue to contact Jennifer, Jared, and Jonathan via their individual email and phone numbers for the fastest response.
- For prayer email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all other needs email email@example.com.
- HELPFUL LINKS
- YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFKnU3J0Li5HXcDIm1OYOAg
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/AmChurchLondon
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmChurchLondon
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amchurchlondon